ONLINE Children’s Yoga Teacher Training – Self-Paced Foundation Course – 8th January 2023
This self-paced online Children’s Yoga Teacher training is suitable for yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, parents, therapists – anyone working or living with children who practices yoga. The Foundation course will provide you with tools, ideas and confidence to share yoga and mindfulness with children aged 2 – 12 years. Practice, teach and explore fun yogic ways to stimulate a child’s development whilst bringing awareness to body, breath and wellbeing. Learn techniques for teaching a well-managed and rounded class that incorporates ALL aspects of yoga and mindfulness, enveloped in pedagogy, education and Montessori philosophy.
Online training details:
The online course is designed specifically for those with busy and more structured schedules. We want it to be as stress free as possible. So, you could complete your training within 4 weeks if you choose to but you could also take 4 months or a year if you need to.
On signup we release access to the first module, then each week for 4 weeks the next modules are unlocked. Each module (4 in all) are about 8 hours of work – so you could do an hour a day or 8 hours in one day. Totally up to you.
The lectures/workshops are all pre-recorded and broken down into small manageable sections for you to access when you can. At the end of each module is a check list of activities/journalling/
You will also have access to 4 zoom meet ups. These meet ups, which will run once a month with Sophie and I are encouraged but not compulsory. They are an opportunity to connect in with our community and ask any questions you may have. Each one will be themed and give you new ideas for you children’s yoga and mindfulness sessions. These 90 minute sessions are likely to take place on an evening in the week or a weekend morning. They will be recorded so if you cannot make them you will still have access to the recording.
STARTING: Whenever you are ready
Here is what we will cover:
- Brief history of Yoga and incorporating yoga philosophy into your classes.
- Practice and play with essential warm ups and child appropriate yoga poses
- Explore and recognise the power of proper breathing
- Introducing meditation to children
- Mindful or Mind-full
- Affirmations and mindset
- Relaxation and stress recognition/management
- Welcoming in all emotions
- Partner poses and group yoga games
- Explore yoga with music and books
- Benefits of Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness
- Brief history of Yoga
- Discover the stages of Child Development (ages 2-11)
- Understand, educate and exercise the “Whole” child – incorporate the classroom curriculum
- Discover the educators at the root of this program – i.e. Maria Montessori, Howard Gardner, Jon Kabat-Zinn etc
- Classroom management
- Ethics of being a good teacher
- Self care
- Observation, discussion, preparation and jointly teaching a lesson (ages 2 – 6yrs)
- Tips for starting up your career from children’s yoga teacher training to teaching