Online Children's Yoga Teacher Training
This ONLINE Foundation children’s yoga teacher training is suitable for yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, parents, therapists – anyone working or living with children who practices yoga. The course will provide you with tools, techniques, ideas and confidence to share yoga and mindfulness and all its benefits with children aged 2 – 12 years.
Self-paced for you to work through at your own time, our online teaching platform will guide you to explore fun yogic ways to stimulate a child’s development whilst bringing awareness to body, breath and wellbeing. The YogaBeez Foundation children’s yoga teacher training incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga and mindfulness practices blended with Montessori philosophy, education and works of Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child.
You do not need to be yoga teacher to attend but we do recommend you have a yoga practice. Every applicant will be considered. We encourage you to complete your training within 1 to 2 months but you have 12 months available to you.
Curriculum – Foundation Training
By undertaking this online foundation level children’s yoga teacher training course, you will gain knowledge of the following areas:
- Brief history of Yoga and incorporating yoga philosophy into your classes.
- Practice and play with essential warm ups and child appropriate yoga poses
- Explore and recognise the power of proper breathing
- Introducing meditation to children
- Mindful or Mind-full
- What is compassionate communication and how can we apply this?
- Experience the joy of affirmations, understand mindset
- Relaxation and stress recognition/management – baby nidra
- Welcoming in all emotions
- Partner poses and group yoga games
- Explore yoga with music and books
- Benefits of Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness
- Brief history of Yoga and the 8-fold path relevant to children and teachers
- Discover the stages of Child Development (ages 2-11)
- Understand, educate and exercise the “Whole” child – incorporate the classroom curriculum
- Discover the educators at the root of this program – i.e. Maria Montessori, Howard Gardner, Jon Kabat-Zinn etc
- Classroom management
- Ethics of being a good teacher
- Observation, discussion, preparation and jointly teaching a lesson (ages 2 – 6yrs)
- Tips for starting up your career from children’s yoga teacher training to teaching
What you will receive:
- An in-depth teacher training of children’s yoga and mindfulness
- Detailed manual of poses, philosophy, teaching tips, book list, lesson plans and much more – This will be a printable PDF emailed to you when you start.
- Access to an easy to follow, recourse-packed training platform
- Pre-recorded lectures with Bryony Duckitt (Founder of YogaBeez) and Sophie Bee (Leading trainer) will guide you through your training journey
- Fun homework assignments will give you an opportunity to get creative at home with family and friends
- An assessment and one-to-one mentoring of your first live children’s yoga class – this will be recorded.
- Free access to the training platform for 2 months after you are certified
- Monthly Zoom meet ups for the teaching community
- Access to our International teacher community and potential job opportunities
- Certification Internationally Accredited by Yoga Alliance that allows to start Teaching Yoga to Children straight away. This will be a printable pdf emailed to you when you complete.
- Continuing education hours if you are a registered yoga teacher
- Qualification and discounts for Liability insurance and DBS
- 2 monthly newsletter with continued ideas, inspiration, news and lesson plans
Online Self-Paced Foundation Training – 2023
Starting: Whenever you are ready to start, click the book now link below. On receipt of your booking, we will send you a confirmation email followed by you own personal login details to the platform.
Time: Your own time – you can complete within 4 weeks or over 12 months. Whatever suits your schedule.
Venue: Your own home
The possibilities and ideas were endless!
A gift really which keeps on giving
Encouraging, empowering and inspiring
Energising, hands-on, creative and informative
Exceeded my expectations
I am literally buzzing! Is that why you called it YogaBeez?!
It was a great therapeutic experience for me
Thank you for sharing such a special gift
The best thing I’ve done in years