6-Day Advanced Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
This 6-day ONLINE advanced children’s yoga teacher training will continue to nurture your knowledge and understanding of children’s yoga and mindfulness. This is run over 2 x 3 day weekends online with a combination of live zoom meet ups, recordings and a teachers platform loaded with extra resources.
We delve more deeply into all aspects of yoga for toddlers to teenagers, exploring anatomy and physiology, social and emotional development, asana, mindfulness and meditation. You will learn more about classroom management, lesson planning, chair yoga, coming of age circles, group and partner poses, pranayama, vinyasa, massage, mudra, mantra, chakras and nutrition with an intro to ayurveda.
This advanced part of our 95hr children’s yoga training focuses on all ages from 2 – 19 years. We do however place more emphasis on understanding the development and complex needs of working with young people 12 – 19 years, than in the Foundation course which focuses on nursery and primary school age. After lesson planning and creating original guided imagery with your group, you will teach and record a hands-on teen yoga class to be evaluated by the lead trainer and fellow teachers.
We also explore working with neurodiverse students, looking at how we can support their additional needs in a fully inclusive yoga and mindfulness class.
Throughout this children’s yoga teacher training, your own yoga practice and inner exploration as a children’s yoga teacher will continue to deepen. Together we will look further at how to get your classes up and running, how best to approach schools, setting up your yoga business and tackling social media. We look forward to introducing you to some great guest teachers.
The 6 day advanced teacher training is open to students who have completed the YogaBeez 4 day foundation course. We also accept children’s yoga teachers who have undertaken other specific children’s yoga training courses with a minimum of 32 hours and some teaching experience.
Contact us for details and an assessment before booking this training.
Curriculum – Advanced children’s yoga training
By undertaking this 6 day advanced children’s yoga teacher training you will have knowledge of the following areas:
- Yoga poses/asana suitable for children all abilities and all ages.
- Breath work/pranayama suitable for children all abilities and all ages.
- Anatomy and physiology – Toddlers to Teens
- The changes in the brain
- Nutrition and healthy living. An intro to Ayurveda
- Chair yoga for the classroom and home study
- Social and emotional development (birth to teenager)
- Mindfulness and meditation for all ages
- Intro to Yoga for children with additional needs – neurodiversity
- Inclusive class
- Coming of age circles
- Affirmations and imagery
- Teaching online
- Teen stress and media influence
- Restorative Yoga and Massage
- Partner poses and group games
- Music and movement – 5 rhythms
- Chanting, mudras and mantras
- Chakras, nadis and the nervous system
- Tips for setting up your Yoga practice
- Contacting schools
- Social media
- Basic first aid, health and safety, insurance
Online Advanced Training – 2022
First Weekend: 22 nd to 24 th October 2022
Second Weekend: 18 th to 20 th November 2022
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm & 2.30pm – 5.30pm daily
Venue: Your own home
EB Fee: £650 until 25th March 2022